Reading: Deuteronomy 19:15-19
Sermon: John 5:30-40
1) Are God's sovereignty and human responsibility at odds with one another? How comfortable/uncomfortable are you with this mystery? Why can we never fully grasp the mind of God?
2) Why does God instruct us to do things that we are, by nature, incapable of doing on our own (e.g. obeying all 600+ commands of the law, coming to Christ for salvation, etc.)?
3) What can we learn about witnessing from this passage?
4) How would you respond to someone who claims that they'd believe in God if they could witness just one miracle?
5) In what was does verse 35 issue a warning for us?