ARTICLE I NAME
The name of this church or corporation shall be the New Beginnings Church of Lynnwood, Washington.
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
By faith in God, in obedience to Jesus Christ’s command in Matthew 28:19, and through the power of the Holy Spirit, the Purpose of New Beginnings Church is to make Disciples, who reach upward to exalt God, inward to edify the church, outward to evangelize the world, in order to bring glory to God.
ARTICLE III ARTICLES OF FAITH
- The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
- In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit , and thus become children of God.
- That Water Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation.
- That the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head.
- That only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
- That Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church and that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
- In the personal and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- In the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
ARTICLE IV MEMBERSHIP
The membership of this church shall consist of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ who have acknowledged substantial agreement with the faith, practices and covenant of New Beginnings Church; and who have been received into the membership by regular action of the church.
ARTICLE V OFFICERS
The officers of this church shall be President (Church Chairman), Vice President (Church Vice-Chairman), Secretary (Church Secretary) and Treasurer (Church Treasurer).
Also the Elders, Deacons and Deaconesses shall be elected in accordance with the by-laws of this Church and must be citizens of the United States.
ARTICLE VI MEETINGS
Regular Worship Services, the Lord’s Supper, and Baptismal services shall be conducted as determined by the Pastor and church board.
ARTICLE VII AMENDMENTS
This constitution may be amended by a three-fourths majority vote of members present and voting at any business meeting provided such amendments have been submitted in writing at a previous business meeting and posted at least one month prior to voting.
ARTICLE VIII STANDING
This church shall be free and independent, remaining its own highest authority and conduct its business through its business sessions.
ARTICLE IX DISSOLUTION AND PROPERTY RIGHTS
Dissolution shall be understood as occurring when fewer than five (5) active members in good standing remain or no services or activities of the church have occurred for thirty (30) days. If this happens all decisions regarding the property and buildings will be made by a three-fourths majority vote of members present at any business meeting. The decision of these members will be to review or use the values thereof for further gospel enterprises.