Reading: 1st Corinthians 1:18-31
Sermon: Matthew 11:25-30
1) Jesus praises the Father for hiding “these things” from some. What might some of those things be?
2) Why might some be confused that Jesus would praise the Father for hiding these things from some?
3) What does it mean to be an “infant”?
4) How would you respond to someone who says that it's not fair or just for God to only reveal these truths to some?
5) How do we find the balance between God's sovereignty in salvation (vv. 25-27) and man's responsibility to respond to the Gospel call (vv. 28-30)?
6) What is the “rest” that Jesus offers to those who come to Him?
7) What are some of the problems with Jesus + good works system of merit/religion?