Reading: Matthew 5:43-48
Sermon: John 6:1-15
1) What are some of the practical implications of the doctrine of man's depravity?
2) What is the relationship between the doctrine of total depravity and the doctrine of election? How does the former make the latter necessary?
3) Many people have a difficult time with the doctrine of depravity. We see this in our time, but we see it in John 6 as well. Why might the doctrine be so difficult for some people to accept?
4) Was the purpose of this miracle to convince the followers to believe? Why or why not?
5) Read Matthew 5:43-48. How does our passage in John relate to this passage in Matthew?